Personal information you provide us when registering will be used for no other purpose than KJEP online submission service.
Use and retention
Your personal information will be destroyed immediately after the purpose of its collection or use has been achieved after being retained for 4 years in accordance with our internal retention policies.
We collect the following personal information at the time of sign-in to provide KJEP online submission service.
- Mandatory: Email address, password, full name, Academic Degree, Affiliation, Field of Study,
We never disclose your personal information to a third party unless otherwise specified below.
- a. If we obtain your prior consent
- b. If required by laws or requested by investigating authorities for investigation purposes prescribed by related laws and regulations
Entrustment of Personal Information Processing
We entrust the processing of your personal information to KCL and OK Tomato. For any changes, we will inform you of the details of the company and its use of your personal information through this page. We will ensure the third party complies with all necessary procedures required by Article 25 of Personal Information Protection Act.
Users’ Rights and Method of Exercising Those Rights
- a. Users or their legal representatives reserve the rights to request inspection, correction, deletion, or processing suspension of personal information.
- b. Users may directly inspect or correct their personal information or cancel their membership on our website after authentication procedure. Or, just contact our personnel in charge of handling private information in writing, or by phone or email, we will process your request immediately.
- c. All personal information terminated or deleted by the request of users or their legal representatives will be processed in accordance with our internal retention policy and regulations on personal information protection and use, and will not be inspected or used for other purposes.
- Personal information of users given at the time of sign-in will be completely destroyed or deleted from our DB immediately upon membership termination.
- Personal information saved in an electronic file format will be deleted by using technical methods such as Low Level Format that prevent the regeneration of it. Personal information printed on paper will be shredded or incinerated.
We take following measures to secure personal information
- a. Administrative measures: internal management plans, regular education programs for employees
- b. Technical measures: Control access right to Personal Information Management System, Access control system, password encryption, antivirus or security softwar
- c. Physical measures: Restricted access to areas such as data storage or management system rooms.
- Office of International Cooperation
- Research Planning and Management Division
- Korean Educational Development Institute
- 7, Gyohak-ro, Deoksan-eup, Jincheon-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do, 27873, Korea
Personal Information Inspection
In pursuant to Article 35 (Inspection of Personal Information) of Personal Information Protection Act, users may request following department to allow the inspection of your personal information, and we will endeavor to process the request as promptly as possible.
- Office of International Cooperation
- Tel: 82 43 5309 232
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Contacts to Consult about privacy Infringement
If you are unsatisfied with our responses or seek professional advice, you may refer your complaint to the following agencies for assistance:
Korea Internet Security Center (by the Korea Information & Security Agency)
Tel: (Without Area Code) 118
Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee(by the Korea Information & Security Agency)
Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Cybercrime Investigation Department
Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau
Tel: (Without Area Code) 182